- This event has passed.
Supplier Relationship Management
Jul 19, 2017 - Jul 20, 2017
The workshop will cover the essentials of how to develop and maintain excellent supplier relationships, and how to effectively score suppliers and apply important KPI’s to improve Supplier Performance, using relevant case studies and exercises.
At the end of the 2-day training, delegates will have a clear and concise understanding of what it means to manage their suppliers without them knowing they are being managed. The programme will also cover in-depth negotiation tactics and how to use them to get a better deal from Suppliers. Delegates will then be given the right tools to allow them to carry out Supplier surveys in an efficient and highly effective way.
Key benefits of attending this workshop:
- Gain a better understanding of what GOOD Supplier Management means and how to achieve it
- Learn about SCOR and other Supplier Scoring systems
- Learn about Michael Porters ‘Five Forces Model’ and how to apply it toward their suppliers
- Master how to transit BAD Suppliers without losing confidence with customers
- Gain a better understanding about Supplier Negotiation
- Know the skills necessary to better manage their Supplier Performance and know how to correct BAD Supplier Behaviour before it fails and costs the Company loss of money and trust from their end users
- Understand and being able to execute Supplier Surveys to improve their current supplier relationships
Professionals, Heads of Departments, Managers, Executives responsible for
- Supply management
Workshop Trainer is the IABFM director of Procurement and Supply Chain Practice and sits on the Board of the Australian Branch of the International Academy of Business and Financial Management. He is also actively involved at IABFM in improving existing training programmes and developing new programmes in areas such as Procurement, Supply Chain and Human Resource Policies. He has delivered CIPP, CIWP, CHRM training programmes in a number of countries including Australia, United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kenya, South Africa, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Zambia, China, Ghana and Namibia.
He holds a DBA in Business and Marketing, and acts as a PhD supervisor for a number of university doctorate candidates in Asia. He has an extensive educational background in operating adult education programmes in fields such as international business, human resources management, marketing, procurement, logistics, warehouse and supply chain management for the Australian Institute of Export, Swinburne University, Griffith University, Swinburne University and the North Western Christian University among others. In addition to this he has more than 19 years of experience, in providing public procurement and supply contracts in Hong Kong, where he has worked with and assisted various departments of the HKSAR Government. He has also been identified as a respected specialist in consulting and assisted in a number of start-up cooperation’s for Europe based companies, who wish to set up businesses or trade with private and state owned enterprise companies in PRC China.
He holds a voluntary role as the Vice Chairman of Training for the South China Institute of Supply Chain Management at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, and has a seat on the board with other respected professionals and academics, whose role is acting as a think tank for innovation and improvement in areas of Supply Chain and Procurement.
His latest ventures involved creating a training and coaching program which uses supply chain software to train supply chain personnel how to set up a real-time supply chain models then run the models through a simulation, to analyse them and optimise the operation to improve its overall performance, by applying planning and development strategies. This programme is effective in getting supply chains to run lean and efficient.
"The course was awesome and it was useful. Thank you for sharing your rich experience among us all and gave us the opportunity to give views and speak openly in case studies and guided us all."
- Deputy General Manager Procurement & Logistics, Marie Stopes International
"We had a good time and remarkable experience attending the training."
- Chef de Bureau des Marches, Hyfrocarbons Prices Stabilization Fund, Cameroon
"Wonderful experience, wonderful trainer"
- Purchasing Officer, HSBC Bank Middle East Limited
- The True Cost When Suppliers Put Profit Ahead of Their Responsibilities
- How ConocoPhilips listed as a Fortune 500 company successfully reduced prices from Suppliers by managing Suppliers costs
- Weighted Point Method Using Percentage to Score Suppliers Based on Price/Quality/Delivery and Service
- Porters Five Forces – Learning the Porters Model to Evaluate Suppliers
- Creating a Traffic Light KPI to Measure the Level of Current Supplier Performance
- Negotiating a Better Deal with Suppliers
Interested in partnering with us?
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Click here to get in touch with us.
To be confirmed.