- This event has passed.
Combating Active Shooter (Assailant) in Public Places
Sep 27, 2017 - Sep 28, 2017
- Who will attend
- Case Studies & Exercise
- Industry Insights
- Brochure Download
This 2-day workshop will take those with security responsibilities and duties through the mitigation strategies to protect their organisations and infrastructure against active assailants’ attacks. Delegates will learn the necessary actions to deploy against active assailant in today’s environment be it at workplace, crowded area, special areas or even public places.
Apart from that, delegates will learn the practical steps to be taken in the event such incidents take place. Delegates will also master the how to think from an assailant’s perspective such as how to hunt targets and its best timings.
This workshop also teaches how to evaluate the capability to response rapidly to an incident and quickly recover operations. Delegates will also have the opportunity to examine recent events such as Germany vehicle borne attacks, Istanbul night club attack and Columbine shootings and learn from it.
Key Takeaways from Attending This Workshop:
- Identify active assailants from individuals and team players.
- Learn how to overcome fear when in immediate danger.
- Understand what you should and not do when in dangerous situation.
- Gain insight of an attack from an assailant’s perspective.
- Execute essential surveillance of active assailants with emergency services
- Empower leadership in a crisis – the importance of preparedness, managing the aftermath and embedding continuous improvement into the crisis management framework.
Organisational Management at any level that are responsible for people, property and/or business continuity. Both management in the area of security/ risk management and operational management.
- Strategic Planner & Managers
- State Security Agencies
- Government Ministries
- Corporate Security Managers
- Strategic Risk Managers
- Security Consultants
- Crisis Response Managers
- Business Continuity Managers
- Facilities Management Managers
From the following sectors:
- Banking and finance
- Embassies of foreign governments
- Government agencies
- Maritime and shipping
- Oil and gas infrastructure
- Plant and public utilities
- Power station
- Security and defence
- Tourism and hospitality
Workshop Trainer has been working, training and educating internationally in the field of anti and counter-terrorism for the past 25 years. He is a retired former member of a counter-terrorism training wing, known only as DG1.
He has been delivering education and training to International Police, Armed Forces, Private Security Personnel including international organisations from both public and private sectors. His work has taken him through Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, United States, Ecuador, Egypt, Poland, Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece, Italy and many more places in connection with his duties. He gives his clients a leading edge in preventing and countering the phenomenon that is International Terrorism to make the world a safer place.
His area of expertise includes:
- Threat assessments, capabilities, credibility and intentions of organisations and individuals.
- Anti and counter terrorism lectures and practical training to armed forces, police and security industry.
- Insurgency/counter insurgency, techniques, tactics and strategy.
- Defeating the urban insurgent.
- Conflict terror and security.
- Fundamentalist and extremist movements within the Middle East.
- Terrorism and counter measures for industry and commerce.
- Terrorism and the motivation to produce mass casualties.
- Aviation terrorism and world security, post 9-11.
- Close quarter combat tactics; firearms, impact and edged weapons.
- Threat analysis and risk resolution.
- Communications and electronic counter surveillance.
- Specialist security driving skills (defensive, evasive and offensive driving).
- Improvised Explosive Device search and recognition.
- Armed Robbery prevention.
- Conflict management and physical intervention.
- Practical security skills and criminal awareness.
- Countering active shooters
Exclusive Case Study:
- Westminster Attack 2017
- Bomb Blast Bangkok 2017
- Manchester Arena Bomb 2017
- Little India Riot 2013
Exercise: Operation Resilient Integrity
Operation Resilient Integrity is a hypothetical exercise to examine your critical management planning to deter or counter an active assailant situation within your work or everyday environment. It will also highlight the best course of action for yours or your staff’s survivability during an active assailant situation whether it is an armed assailant or an attack using improvised weapons such as vehicles etc.
Crisis Response Journal is the foremost international publication focusing on response, resilience, continuity and security issues arising from large scale natural and man-made disasters, emergencies and terrorist attacks. CRJ analyses past events to draw vital lessons for the future, while constantly scanning the horizon to identify and help mitigate new threats. In the fourteen years since its launch, CRJ has established itself as the unrivalled quality publication that truly reflects the crisis community’s thirst for critical information.
Interested in partnering with us?
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Click here to get in touch with us.
Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel
392 Havelock Road, Singapore 169663
Tel: +65 6233 1188
Fax: +65 6233 1177
Each employee and community member deserves to feel safe. One key aspect of one organisation’s security strategy against attack is protection of its infrastructure and people. With proper implementation, it is possible for any organisation to minimise its vulnerabilities against threats and targets.
Through this workshop, attendees will get a chance to listen to and study with a world leading advisor on anti & counter-terrorism techniques & strategies. Workshop Trainer will guide attendees through the need for well-planned and effective counter active assailants’ strategies.