- This event has passed.
Facilities Management in Today’s Built Environment
Jul 6, 2017 - Jul 7, 2017
This 2-day Facilities Management in Today’s Built Environment aimed at providing delegates strategic understanding of Facilities Management operations. The workshop will cover internal processes and procedures and focuses on the delivery of Facilities Management services through strengthening of the internal management and ground staff. Facilities Management Technicalities such as life cycle and Capital Asset Replacement Plan including but not limited to the key aspects of building services will be thoroughly discussed.
DAY 2 will focus on the delivery of Facilities Management services through the customer, building owner and stakeholder’s perspective, expectation and overall view. This workshop will also cover leadership in the modern Facilities Management industry and how to meet high level of client expectations.
Key Takeaways from Attending This Workshop:
- Understand the critical nature of FM to the Core Business of clients
- Identify the life cycle of a property in its entirety and its effect on both core business and end users
- Acknowledge the importance of Facilities Management’s value to organisations and how to develop and implement maintenance management programmes.
- Master the key elements of building structure and design that plays significant part including the impact of physical building characteristics in the Facilities Management.
- Recognise key aspects of building services, key elements of Property Management, leases, space management and re-location, the workspace and move management.
- Adopt the efficient approach to tendering and pricing of contracts including all fundamental aspects required to deliver a customer centric FM service. balancing quality and cost while maintaining high customer satisfaction level.
- Learn the principles of effective mobilisation, commissioning and managing of contract services.
- Integrate key elements of Energy and Environmental Management including Health and Safety responsibilities of an FM professional.
- Building Owners / Managers / Designers / Architects
- Facilities Managers / Property Managers / Project Managers / Maintenance Managers/ Utility Managers
- HSE Managers / QA / QC Managers
- MEP & Civil Engineers
- Property / Building Owners Association Representative / Developers / Estate Managers
- Quantity Surveyors
- Town Councils / Urban Planners
Course Trainer is an Facilities Management professional who has extensive experience of Facilities Management operations in both the UK and Middle East. He spent 9 years in different parts of Middle East region in UAE, Oman and Qatar holding positions ranging from Division Manager, Director Operations, General Manager to Corporate Board Member.
He is currently the Head of IDAMA, with Ejadah Asset Management Group, part of Dubai Properties (DP) whom is responsible for the delivery of FM Solutions to DP Portfolio and external contracts such as Du, Adnoc, DIFC and Musanada with a value of AED1 billion.
Prior to this, he was the GM for QBG Facilities Management in Dubai where he was responsible for the operations of UAE, Oman, Qatar and Indian region. He was tasked specifically to grow the business internationally, covering all FM deliverables to over 400+ contracts, established footholds within the countries of operation, identifying JVs and potential acquisitions to further establish the QBG Facilities Management brand.
He has full knowledge on business development, tendering, submissions, the generation of the budgets, contract negotiations, new bids and tender submissions and mobilisation of large Facilities Management teams.
Awards and Recognition Course Trainer has received are:
- Winner FM Executive of the Year 2016 at the Facilities Management Awards Middle East
- Highly Commended as FM Executive of the Year 2015 at the Facilities Management Awards Middle East
- Ranked number 14 in the regions FM Power 40 of the most influential FM Professionals – Facilities Management Awards Middle East
- Ranked number 26 in the regions FM Power 50 of the most influential FM Professionals – Facilities Management Awards Middle East
- Ranked number 37 in the regions FM Power 50 of the most influential FM Professionals – Facilities Management Awards Middle East
"Strong desire to drive FM to new dimensions and can be seen to be raising the bar on how FM service should be delivered both internally and externally."
- Senior Facilities Management Consultant, AECOM
"The trainer is a top-level FM professional who was instrumental in increasing the revenue, market share and profit of the BK Gulf FM division."
- Director, Novare Recruitment Ltd
"Trainer possesses the ability to think out-of-box solutions for complex problems."
- Managing Director, GloZaar FZE & ProEd DMCC
- Case Study 1: A sample detailed cost sheet will be shown to the class and a simulated demonstration of how to prepare for tendering, post-tendering, negotiation, hiring, mobilisation, actual operations and re-negotiation will be exhibited.
- Case Study 2: A demonstration and actual documents pertaining to the design of Facilities Management work methodologies and Operations Manual.
- Case Study 3: A sample demonstration of Capital Asset Replacement Plan (CARP).
- Case Study 4: A practical review of the actual documents pertaining to Facilities auditing and condition surveys with asset data collection and asset management strategies.
Interested in partnering with us?
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Click here to get in touch with us.
Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel
392 Havelock Road, Singapore 169663
"Singapore Art Museum to undergo $90 million revamp"
The Straits Times, 1 April 2017